I am Book Review Editor of Foundation: The International Review of Science Fiction, along with my wonderful colleague Will Slocombe (University of Liverpool).
The print titles below are now available for review for Foundation. Our reviews are typically 1,000-1,500 words, due within roughly three months.
We also encourage longer review essays that bring together multiple (2-3) related titles.
If you are interested in reviewing one or more of the below titles, please contact the book review editors, Sean Guynes-Vishniac (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Will Slocombe (email@example.com). Please include your qualifications to review the title(s).
Please note: The book review editors are sending books from separate continental locations (the US and the UK). As a result, potential reviewers may be given preferential selection depending on which reviews editor the book was sent to.
If you are an author or publisher, please direct queries regarding books for review to the above email addresses.
Foundation Books for Review
- Allen, Paul V. Eleanor Cameron: Dimensions of Amazement. UP of Mississippi, 2018.
- Grace, Dominic. The Science Fiction of Phyllis Gotlieb. McFarland, 2015.
- Jamison, Carol Parrish. Chivalry in Westeros: The Knightly Code of A Song of Ice and Fire. McFarland, 2018.
- Jones, Matthew. Science Fiction Cinema and 1950s Britain: Recontextualising Cultural Anxiety. Bloomsbury, 2018.
- Russ, Joanna. How to Suppress Women’s Writing. 1983. U of Texas P, 2018.
- Trudel, Jean-Luc. Petite Guide de la Science-Fiction au Quebec. Alire, 2017.
- Appleby, Rob, and Page, Ra, eds. Thought X: Fictions and Hypotheticals. Comma Press, 2017.
- Carroll, Michael. Europa’s Lost Expedition. Springer, 2017.
- de Pedrolo, Manuel. Typescript of the Second Origin. 1974. Foreward by Kim Stanley Robinson, translated by Sara Martín, Wesleyan UP, 2018.
- Devenport, Emily. Medusa Uploaded. Tor, 2018.
- Dickinson, Robert. The Tourist. Orbit, 2016.
- Gumbs, Alexis Pauline. M Archive: After the End of the World. Duke UP, 2018.
- Hurley, Kameron. Apocalypse Nyx. Tachyon, 2018.
- Kanas, Nick. The Caloris Network: A Scientific Novel. Springer, 2016.
- Lamb, Alex. Nemesis. Gollancz, 2016.
- Lipsett, Edward, ed. Speculative Japan 4: “Pearls for Mia” and Other Tales. Kurodahan Press, 2016.
- Ludwigsen, Will. Acres of Perhaps: Stories and Episodes. Lethe Press, 2018.
- Mamatas, Nick. The People’s Republic of Everything. Tachyon, 2018.
- Morden, S.J. One Way. Orbit, 2018.
- Newman, Emma. Before Mars. Ace, 2018.
- North, Claire. 84K. Orbit, 2018.
- Saintcrow, Lilith. Afterwar. Orbit, 2018.
- Siljak, Harun. Murder on the Einstein Express and Other Stories. Springer, 2016.
- Stalcup, Erin. And Yet It Moves. Indiana UP, 2016.
- Tem, Steve Rasnic. Figures Unseen: Selected Stories. Valancourt Books, 2018.
- Valente, Catherynne. Space Opera. Saga, 2018.
- Warom, Ren. Escapology. Angry Robot, 2016.
- Wells, Alex. Blood Binds the Pack. Angry Robot, 2018.
- Živković, Zoran. The Image Interpreter. Trans. Randall A. Major. Cadmus Press, 2017.
- Živković, Zoran. The Writer and The Ghostwriter. Trans. Alice Copple-Tošić. Cadmus Press, 2017.